I've made it through lasik!
went in the morning, I was a perfect canidate (thanks to my thick corneas) and went back that afternoon and had the surgery. what an experience it was. I didn't really start getting nervous until we were going back to the place in the afternoon. they put a sicker with your name on both shoulders, so they know that it's both eyes, and to make sure they have the right patient. they numb up your eyes and give you some valium to relax, which actually helped a little. and by the time you're actually in the surgery room, things happen so fast, you're like on the table for a total of maybe, 10 minutes. the second you lie down they tape your eyelashes back, and you're staring at this red blinking light, then the laser comes and it's kinda purple, and it smells, but before you have time to even think about it they're doing the next one and then it's all over. it was amazing. the after part is really hard, it hurts pretty bad, my eyes were closed so tightly, and tears just wouldn't stop coming... I managed to sleep for about an hour of it- but it was hard. then about three hours later, all of a sudden I felt better, and sat up, and could relax my face and kind of open my eyes, my vision wasn't really clear right away, but when I remembered that this was my vision without any contacts, I couldn't believe I could see that well. since it was the end of the day, I just slept (in my fancy sleeping goggles) until this morning, and waking up and being able to see, without contacts, it's awesome. and it's only going to be getting better. I am going in for a follow up today, and we'll see what my vision is. it's at least as good as my contacts.
so now I have a week of sleeping in goggles, and lots of eye drops, and a month without rubbing my eye to let everything properly heal. I m so glad I did this. and even though it's a lot of money, it is so worth it... I have the rest of my life to be able to see through my own eyes. no problem with contacts, glasses, saline... I can't believe I did it- the excitement is really setting in.
went in the morning, I was a perfect canidate (thanks to my thick corneas) and went back that afternoon and had the surgery. what an experience it was. I didn't really start getting nervous until we were going back to the place in the afternoon. they put a sicker with your name on both shoulders, so they know that it's both eyes, and to make sure they have the right patient. they numb up your eyes and give you some valium to relax, which actually helped a little. and by the time you're actually in the surgery room, things happen so fast, you're like on the table for a total of maybe, 10 minutes. the second you lie down they tape your eyelashes back, and you're staring at this red blinking light, then the laser comes and it's kinda purple, and it smells, but before you have time to even think about it they're doing the next one and then it's all over. it was amazing. the after part is really hard, it hurts pretty bad, my eyes were closed so tightly, and tears just wouldn't stop coming... I managed to sleep for about an hour of it- but it was hard. then about three hours later, all of a sudden I felt better, and sat up, and could relax my face and kind of open my eyes, my vision wasn't really clear right away, but when I remembered that this was my vision without any contacts, I couldn't believe I could see that well. since it was the end of the day, I just slept (in my fancy sleeping goggles) until this morning, and waking up and being able to see, without contacts, it's awesome. and it's only going to be getting better. I am going in for a follow up today, and we'll see what my vision is. it's at least as good as my contacts.
so now I have a week of sleeping in goggles, and lots of eye drops, and a month without rubbing my eye to let everything properly heal. I m so glad I did this. and even though it's a lot of money, it is so worth it... I have the rest of my life to be able to see through my own eyes. no problem with contacts, glasses, saline... I can't believe I did it- the excitement is really setting in.


3 Comments:
Hi Jenni,
Can you guess who this is? Hint: I'm a blood relative....
I also had the laski eye surgery and it rules! The coolest thing is being able to see when you're swimming and being able to wake up and immediately see. I have never regretted it once--I also think that I was uninformed and didn't know about the whole suction cup/peeling back your cornea/burning smell thing. I just went in and did it!
Bandit is a little sweetie!
Check out my blog sometime...
Take care, love you,
-Mystery Reiative
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Well - I'm guess from the being a french teacher- it's got to be Heather!
There's lots of beautiful knit things on your site- it must keep you busy. I knew you had been getting into it- but all your work is great - I should put a picture of what I've been knitting on my blog - my knitted horses. Nothing spectacular - but fun!
Thanks for commenting! -j
Post a Comment
<< Home